Friday, November 25, 2005

Day 5

Well, after two days without a good internet connection we are now in Texas. It took us a little over six hours to get here from Nana and Grandpa David's house. Going back to catch you up . . .

Tuesday night Laurel and I went to the Martini Bar near her house. She had a citrus cosmopolitan, I had a Key Lime. All I needed were some grahm crackers for the crust and I would have thought I was having pie . . . until I stood up. lol

Wednesday Mark and I emptied the vehicles to sort and repack everything that had been thrown in at the last minute before we left the house. About an hour and 45 minutes after we left Laurel's we got into stop and go traffic approaching Baton Rouge. It finally cleared when we got west of the Mississippi River. We took the first exit as I really needed to stop. That was when I learned that the breaks on the truck had locked up. This was at 3pm the day before Thanksgiving. After the brakes cooled they unlocked, which was fortunate as very few places were open and none wanted to try to fix it then anyway. We managed to get to Deridder - Mark called ahead to his parents who set up an appointment to get the truck fixed on Friday morning.

Thursday we had a nice relaxing day in Deridder: slept in, watched football, had a WONDERFUL meal, and relaxed all evening.

Friday I repacked our stuff while Mark got the truck fixed. It was less expensive than we had anticipated which was very nice. The trip here went much smoother as we seperated the girls - one in each vehicle. That way they can't fight.

We are planning a nice relaxing evening tonight and not much tomorrow. However, Sunday we are planning a long day of driving - we will see how far we can get. Mark missed the state line sign for Texas so we will have to find another sign to photograph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home